If your smartphone has been rooted, back up your data and take your phone and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
If your phone has not been rooted, follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
- Your phone does not have a network connection.
- You have confirmed that the system update has been pushed, but no notification has been received.
- The system update is being pushed in batches and is not yet available for your phone model.
- Make sure that your phone has a stable Internet connection, and check for updates: Open Settings, search for and access System update (or Software update), and touch Check for updates.
- Clear cache for System update by performing the following:
- EMUI 8.X or earlier: Open Settings, search for and access Apps, locate and touch System update, and go to .
- EMUI 9.X or later and Magic UI 2.X: Open Settings, search for and access Apps, locate and touch Software update, and go to .
Then go back to the home screen of Settings, search for and access System update (or Software update), and touch Check for updates. If no update can be found, go to to check for the latest full package.
Note: Download the latest full package is not available since EMUI 9.0.1 and Magic UI 2.0.1.
- The system update is not pushed to all devices simultaneously, due to the wide range of applicable devices. Therefore, you may receive system update notifications later than those on other devices. Please check regularly for system updates, and update your phone at your earliest convenience.